Volunteer Programs is educating citizens with effective communication, organization and teambuilding skills. They thoughtfully employ self-reflection, persuasion, compromise, and negotiation to guide others, while holding firm to convictions amidst competing arguments.
SLICE | Service Leaders at Illinois Council – Engaged
SLICE offers students opportunities to:
- Learn to value collaborative relationships and shared governance.
- Encourage peers to develop humble service practices and sustainable community partnerships.
- Work with others to boost student affinity for civic and global awareness and participation.
- Help develop a process that shows students’ measurable impacts towards social change.
- Have fun while trying on unique perspectives regarding community and service.
- Build community that aids in group resiliency, persistence, and retention.
Great opportunity for second and third-year students still looking to make a mark on the university's mission for student involvement in community service and public outreach! However, all students are welcome.
Barbara Williams Seaquist Internship
This nine-month paid internship position provides the opportunity for a student to work with the Champaign-Urbana community and its unique needs. The intern will engage in public service-related activities and organize peer experiences that highlight their academic interests. The intern will network with social service agencies and nonprofit professionals to help develop a climate of community engagement on and off-campus. This experience will provide skills in project management, managing team members, and program administration.
Kiely Scholarship Award
The Kiely Scholarship is awarded every four years to one first-year member of VIP (Volunteer Illini Projects, Inc.) service organization. The award celebrates the leadership of young women committed to community service in Champaign-Urbana. The generous $12,000/year scholarship is renewable for up to four years, as long as the student demonstrates academic achievement, full community engagement, and financial need.
The 2022 Kiely Scholarship application will post to the OVP website March 2022.