Statuses & Types
Student org statuses allow our staff to keep track of compliance and adherence with requirements of being an RSO. See the list below for a definition of each status.
An Active student org is one which has maintained all compliances and requirements to be an RSO.
A Frozen student org is one which has:
- A deficit in their Student Org General Fund or Student Org Charity Fund.
- A roster out of compliance. This means one or more of the five (5) required offices has not accepted their roles.
- Their Terms & Conditions not accepted by both the President and Treasurer.
- Been placed on an interim disciplinary hold.
- A President or Treasurer who have not attended the required President and Treasurer Workshops.
A Locked student org is one which has::
- Not registered for the current re-registration cycle.
An Inactive student org is one which has:
- Not registered for the current and previous academic years.
- Been dormant on campus (a definition for a local chapter of a inter/national org which currently does not have an entity at Illinois).
RSOs wishing to re-register an Inactive student org must complete the New Student Org Process. This is a new requirement for re-activation as our office will have deemed the organization to not have been functioning at Illinois for at least two academic years.
Orange Student Org
Student organizations with an officer election/selection process traditionally held during the end of the spring semester.
- Re-Registration Period: April 1 – May 31
- Continued Re-Registration Period: June 1 – March 15
Blue Student Org
Student organizations with an officer election/selection process traditional held during the end of the fall semester.
- Re-Registration Period: November 1 – December 31
- Continued Re-Registration Period: January 1 – October 15