Statuses & Types
Student org statuses allow our staff to keep track of compliance and adherence with requirements of being an RSO. See the list below for a definition of each status.
An Active student org is one which has maintained all compliances and requirements to be an RSO.
A Frozen student org is one which has:
- A deficit in their Student Org General Fund or Student Org Charity Fund.
- A roster out of compliance. This means one or more of the five (5) required offices has not accepted their roles.
- Their Terms & Conditions not accepted by both the President and Treasurer.
- Been placed on an interim disciplinary hold.
- A President or Treasurer who have not attended the required President and Treasurer Workshops.
A Locked student org is one which has:
- Not registered for the current re-registration cycle.
To register your RSO, you must submit a request to re-register and select the correct Registration Cycle for your RSO.
An Inactive student org is one which has:
- Not registered for the current and previous academic years.
- Been dormant on campus (a definition for a local chapter of a inter/national org which currently does not have an entity at Illinois).
RSOs wishing to re-activate an Inactive student org must complete the New or Re-Activating Student Org process.
Orange Student Org
Student organizations with an officer election/selection process traditionally held during the end of the spring semester.
- Re-Registration Period: April 1 – May 31
- Continued Re-Registration Period: June 1 – March 15
Blue Student Org
Student organizations with an officer election/selection process traditional held during the end of the fall semester.
- Re-Registration Period: November 1 – December 31
- Continued Re-Registration Period: January 1 – October 15