Start a New Student Org
Students are highly encouraged to browse our more than 800 student organizations and find one of interest. However, if a student does not find an org that meets their needs, they may request to create a new one or restart one at Illinois. Students interested in starting a new organization must complete the New Student Org process. Below are the required steps to officially register a new student org.
- Email our staff at email@example.com to express interest in creating a new RSO.
- Attend a New RSO Orientation Workshop.
- Meet with a professional staff member to review the RSO’s mission/purpose and ensure it is unique and not duplicative.
- Attend the Presidents Workshop. (for prospective President)
- Attend the Treasurers Workshop. (for prospective Treasurer)
- Complete the online registration process via the Involved@Illinois platform. Access will be granted to the individual student identified as the new President.
- Upon registration approval, the five required student officers must accept their roles (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Director). In addition, the President & Treasurer must agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Once all above steps are completed, the RSO is deemed an Active RSO.
For questions regarding starting a new student org, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.