New or Re-Activating Student Org
Students are highly encouraged to browse our more than 800 student organizations and find one of interest. However, if a student does not find an org that meets their needs, they may request to create a new one or re-activate one at Illinois. Students interested in starting or re-activating an RSO must complete the following steps:
- The prospective President must attend a New or Re-Activating RSO Orientation Workshop (listed below).
- The RSOs prospective President must meet with a professional staff member to review the RSO’s mission/purpose and ensure it is unique and not duplicative. The RSOs prospective President must also bring a completed Constitution to have reviewed by the professional staff member. Failure to do so will cause your meeting to be rescheduled.
- Attend a Presidents Workshop. (for prospective President)
- Attend a Treasurers Workshop. (for prospective Treasurer)
- Complete the online registration process via the Involved@Illinois platform. Access will be granted to the individual student identified as the new President.
- Upon registration approval, the five required student officers must accept their roles (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Director). In addition, the President & Treasurer must agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Please Note: Steps 3 and 4 can be completed at anytime and do not need to be done in the listed order.
Once all above steps are completed, the RSO is deemed an Active RSO.
If your RSO is Locked, please submit a request to re-register based on your Registration Cycle. Respective links can be accessed here.
For questions regarding starting a new student org, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New or Re-Activating RSO Orientations
For dates of orientations, visit the Workshops page.