Codie E. Sterner
- Coordinator of Student Sustainability
- Advisor, Student Sustainability Committee (SSC)
- A.S. University Studies: Emphasis in Mathematics & Science, Palomar College
- A.A. Social & Behavioral Sciences, Palomar College
- B.A. Environmental Studies (minor in Geography), California State University San Marcos
- (In Progress) M.S.L. Sustainability Studies, Arizona State University
GALLUP CliftonStrengths – Top 5
Codie serves as the Coordinator of Student Sustainability, a role he has served since his arrival in March 2023. Hailing from California, Codie is passionate about advocacy for both the environment and humanity. He has led movements to eliminate food insecurity for both campus and local communities, worked as an advisor for non-profits, and led projects to grow food locally and be distributed to the community. In addition, he served on the Cal State San Marcos Sexual Harassment Taskforce, charged with improving onboarding education and making reporting safer and more accessible.
In his career, Codie has worked on improving organizations’ land diversion rates, building sustainable reporting methods, developing sustainable education initiatives, writing material for sustainable education, and speaking at university system education panels and in classroom settings. He specializes in designing sustainable systems, with an emphasis on program development and education, where he’s received awards for his advocacy work, as well as academic performance.
Codie is very active in sustainability both in the local community and in regional higher education. He believes that global change is not one movement that needs to happen. Rather, he believes to resolve climate change and sustainable paradigm shifts; the change is bottom-up. It will start with building education and enacting advocacy change at a community level. Codie is actively engaged in a few professional societies, including the Association of Environmental Professionals and the Global Reporting Initiative.
His hobbies are creating art with sustainable mediums and traveling. He enjoys constantly expanding his knowledge of the world.
- Student Sustainability Committee Advisement
- Student Sustainability Committee iCAP Portal Coordination
- Student Sustainability Interns